front bumper rear bumper
windshield windshield wiper
left blinker right blinker
driver’s seat passenger’s seat back seat
back seat driver
rear view mirror
gas pedal accelerator
automatic car stick shift car
emergency brake/e-brake/parking brake
honk at someone
high beam fog light
- 活跃、繁忙( Uncountable) the situation in which a lot of things are happening or people are moving around
- 行动、活动 the work of a group or organization to achieve an aim
- 娱乐活动 something that is done for enjoyment, especially an organized event
There was a lot of activity in preparation for the Queen’s visit.
He was found guilty of terrorist activity. / criminal activities
His spare-time activities include cooking, tennis, and windsurfing.
动、运动、移动 the act or process of moving, or a particular action or movement
They showed the goal again in slow motion.
- Motive 动机 a reason for doing something
Why would she have killed him? She has no motive.
- 积极性、干劲儿 enthusiasm for doing something
- 动机、诱因 the need or reason for doing something
He’s a bright enough student - he just lacks motivation.
What was the motivation for the attack?
- 使产生动机、激起 to cause someone to behave in a particular way
- 激励 to make someone want to do something well
Like so many people, he’s motivated by greed.
Teaching is all about motivating people to learn.